JTL Mafia #016

Where it all happens
William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:37 pm

Well, the man hath spoken!

While I remain a skeptic of your position for a variety of reasons, your guilty result has conveniently narrowed our execution targets down to two; a trial must commence!

We must now, in turn, pressure Marquis de Sade! Circumstance demands a full claim!

Please everyone, act with haste.

de Sade's Ghost

Post by de Sade's Ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm

The time for me to reveal what little information I have has come, I’m the [redacted] follower.

On N0, I visited the very first person on the list, Arthur, and he indeed took no action.

On N1, I visited one of the people who had claimed no action on N0, in hopes of catching a killer. I picked the fellow Marquis de Lafayette, and so now I can confirm that he did not lie about not taking an action.

On N2, I visited Marat. I had mistakenly thought he was trying to get ahead of a possible track or watch and was admitting to having visited the deceased. Alas, I was wrong, he was really a sheriff, and he took a detective action.

As you can see, no information really worth sharing here.

I know I am innocent, so either Dynamite is lying or, even more nefarious, I have been lawyered. Not that outlandish considering I was bound to draw suspicious looks due to the little frog mishap.

I do not wish to mistakenly execute another townie, especially one as valuable as an exceptional rookie cop, so I shall vote No execution for the time being, though if it must be one of me or him, I must confess that I am not ready to perish, so I will vote for him.
Louis Sade, man of letters

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 pm

Marquis de Sade wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm The time for me to reveal what little information I have has come, I’m the [redacted] follower.
Could you explain what the "[redacted]" is referring to?

It would help remove my vote on you.

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm

Ah, I assume you claim to have a modifier.

Apologies.

I would like to hear from anyone that might have corroborating claims before changing votes.

de Sade's Ghost

Post by de Sade's Ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 pm

William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm Ah, I assume you claim to have a modifier.
Yes, precisely, and I’d like to keep it a secret for now, since the mystery might deter a nightly visitor with murderous intentions. Though it won’t matter if I am executed, will it?

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm

Marquis de Sade,

It seems a bit odd to me that you would hold a grudge against someone for withholding results, and then chose not to investigate them.

It seems odd to me that you would investigate Marat, a nearly confirmed town voice.

It seems odd to me that you have conveniently targeted two individuals with no action, and visited a person on the night they died, revealing a futile result which you failed to mention in your initial results.

Napoleon, I am still worrisome of your status. If Marquis de Sade turns up 3PK (which would return Innocent), I will be looking for your face in tomorrow's gallows.

de Sade's Ghost

Post by de Sade's Ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 pm

William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm It seems a bit odd to me that you would hold a grudge against someone for withholding results, and then chose not to investigate them.
I knew they were doing a bit, and like I said, I wanted to go for someone who had claimed no action on N0 in hopes of catching a killer. Arthur seemed to have hinted at doctor, so that satisfied me for the time being, and I picked someone who else.
William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm It seems odd to me that you would investigate Marat, a nearly confirmed town voice.
I already explained, I thought he was covering his tracks by admitting to having visited one of the slain. The Michel vote on N0 also felt a bit like a smokescreen, like he was artificially creating distance between the two of them. Perhaps I am guilty of poor judgement with this interpretation, but he did not seem like a ‘confirmed town’ to me.
William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm visited a person on the night they died, revealing a futile result which you failed to mention in your initial results.
Why would I reveal that the sheriff took a detective action, it’s not like I know the result, or who they visited? Should I have revealed my info role as soon as the day started? It is quite powerful and I would have rather kept it to myself if allowed.

Also, visiting the person who died is literally the same logic that I used when I decided to visit Marat, so I understand where you’re coming from, but why do you not understand where I came from when I decided to visit him? Just because you were convinced he was a townie and I yet wasn’t?

You’ve seem to have made up your mind sir.

I shall reiterate , No execution

Joan of Arc

Post by Joan of Arc » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm

God has told me to follow Napoleon's judgement.
Marquis de Sade

Finally last night was a success. God truly stands with us.

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 pm

I don't know, I still find it more suspicious to say "sane cop" when you could have just said cop or rookie cop.

The only evidence there is against the Marquis is the word of a man practically caught lying.

Francois Lavoie

Post by Francois Lavoie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:23 pm

Ahhh sorry I’m late! The lanes are so busy today that I had to wait over 45 minutes for my onion rings. Success last night