JTL Mafia #016

Where it all happens
Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Thu May 02, 2024 7:37 am

Conveniently enough, I can also say that Monsieur Wythe is Jacobin.

Here is the only bit of information I have to focus the day's discussion: I tried to detective Freedom Fries a few nights ago and failed. I know there are many reasons this may have happened, but it's the only result I've had that is anything other than firmly Jacobin. I've got a suspicion and a hope that they (assuming potatoes are genderless) are the godfather.

Let's hear from them.

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Thu May 02, 2024 2:56 pm

Monsieur Dynamite, your order of events is a bit incorrect. I sincerely hope you have the humility to understand why you might appear suspicious; I am not the only individual who believes so! You say that I voted for you after you "vetted him as guilty". In fact, after your claim, Madame Defarge voted for you, drawing skepticism of you in multiple postings. And yet you accuse me on the basis of having doubt prior to your claim?

In my very first post after your claim, I switched my vote to the Zealot de l'Aristocracie. You consider this switch odd; what would you rather have me do? Not vote for the scum?

Your vote on me is quite puzzling. Pierre Deux-Entrée voted No Execution during the final hour of time, after scarcely posting prior; this was clearly an attempt to tie the vote and save his teammate. And yet, you think to vote for me instead?

Monsieur, why don't you share your night results? You've already revealed your claim; what is holding you back from revealing your results?

Once again, no action from me. To save time from Monsieur Dynamite's projections (of which I still suspect are in poor faith), I am a Toxicologist. With no admissions to poisoning, and a chemist lying in their grave, I have nothing to do but wait.

Ideally, the day will end in Pierre Deux-Entrée's demise, as l'Aristocracie seems to hold the lead. Napoleon, whether you are Jacobin or Royaliste, you should understand this.

Defarge, you voted alongside Pierre and the deceased Zealot de l'Aristocracie, and now claim you can prove Pierre's innocence. I recommend you full claim if you wish to be considered a part of our cause.

Marquis de Lafayette

Post by Marquis de Lafayette » Thu May 02, 2024 4:00 pm

I have strong reason to believe that William Wythe is true revolutionary committed to the cause, and is innocent of the accusations leveled against him.

As for me, unsure of how my actions would turn out, I again slumbered quietly last night. No action.

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Thu May 02, 2024 5:42 pm

William Wythe wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:56 pm Defarge, you voted alongside Pierre and the deceased Zealot de l'Aristocracie, and now claim you can prove Pierre's innocence. I recommend you full claim if you wish to be considered a part of our cause.
Don't forget I also proclaimed your innocence

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Thu May 02, 2024 5:59 pm

Frères we unite under a common geopolitical and spiritual worldview. I am an anarchist, your sister in anti-monarchical revolution. Although I am not Jacobin, strictly speaking, our goals do not interfere whatsoever with one another. Allow me to do my thing and I will share my results. I have no reason to see you fail.

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm

Madame Defarge wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:59 pm Frères we unite under a common geopolitical and spiritual worldview. I am an anarchist, your sister in anti-monarchical revolution. Although I am not Jacobin, strictly speaking, our goals do not interfere whatsoever with one another. Allow me to do my thing and I will share my results. I have no reason to see you fail.
Fascinating! Why not post all of your results now?

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 pm

The only result I've not shared yet is that Enjorlas was, in fact, a Pollster. I'll not share Pierre's role without consent, just that he's Jacobin.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 am

Madame Defarge wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:59 pm Frères we unite under a common geopolitical and spiritual worldview. I am an anarchist, your sister in anti-monarchical revolution. Although I am not Jacobin, strictly speaking, our goals do not interfere whatsoever with one another. Allow me to do my thing and I will share my results. I have no reason to see you fail.
Things are not adding up here. You are claiming that you share the same goals as the Jacobin and have no reason to see us fail. Yesterday you voted in support of scum with your no execute vote. Today you are now voting for someone who has been vetted as innocent. Clearly there are plenty of bad guys that show up as innocent but this seems a bit rogue. Logic would say that if you are an anarchist then we would have a governor. A Jacobin has already been executed, kind of surprised the governor did not revive them.

Madame Defarge
It's all about the freakin bloodline

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Fri May 03, 2024 12:27 pm

Hmph. Seems like another period of idle progress. Where is your protest, Jacobins? Where is your fire?

I would really appreciate it if Francois Lavoie, Le Troll, and Remy would share their actions. Not much of a reason to not full claim at this point.

Here's my current stance:
  • Pierre Deux-Entrée - 99% chance l'Aristocracie. Last minute posting alongside scum lines, general absence, etc.
  • Madame Defarge - 95% chance l'Aristocracie. Claims Anarchist but voted No Execution on a scum target (which would be disadvantageous and risky as Anarchist), defends the ultra-massive Pierre Deux-Entrée, doesn't reveal Pierre's role.
  • Napoleon Dynamite - 90% chance Royalisté. Arguably fumbled his claim (claimed Sane, convenient results, etc.), refusal to reveal last night's results, consistent attempts to start bandwagons for poor reasons.
  • Freedom Fries - 80% chance Royalisté. Defended by Napoleon and attacked by Defarge, posting implies recruitable role (maybe Urchin?), has shared little information in lieu of attention.
  • William Wythe - 100% chance Jacobin. Claimed Toxicologist in a game with poison, voted for scum.
  • Marquis de Lafayette - 90% chance Jacobin.
    Defended by both Napoleon and Defarge, voted for scum.
  • Francois Lavoie, Le Troll, and Remy - Unknown faction. Theoretically, if our investigation began with three from each team, two recruitable roles, and potentially one third-party, then the three of you are composed of a Jacobin, an Aristocrat, and a rogue agent, in some order.

The smart play is to topple the leader: l'Aristocracie.

Anyone voting for someone other than Pierre Deux-Entrée should be met with skepticism.

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Fri May 03, 2024 12:40 pm

I know that a failed detective doesn't automatically mean scum, and I said as much. I was trying to encourage conversation with my vote. Admittedly I did not revisit your actions list before I voted, but I also don't fully trust Dynamite yet.

I will reveal the role of Pierre as proof if you wish, but it does feel rude. Forgive me, dear foreman.

Now as far as the governor goes, he or she cannot revive anyone already executed. They can only step in before the role is revealed. I assume they were uncertain and therefore did not act. There's no reason to think we don't have a governor.

Msr. Wythe I ask you to consider that I did not know I was voting no execution against scum. Of course none of us knew before it was revealed.