JTL Mafia #016

Where it all happens
Pierre Deux-Entreé

Post by Pierre Deux-Entreé » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:40 pm

*pulls entire rotisserie chicken out of mouth* Bonjour.

Jean-Paul Marat

Post by Jean-Paul Marat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:06 pm

Here it is folks, the calm before the storm. We all know what's about to happen. THE REPUBLIC is going to RISE UP against this RULING CLASS OF FILTH and we'll see a new era of ENLIGHTENMENT AND LIBERTY. And folks, as a Friend of the People, I'll be here to fight the Info War on your behalf and keep you informed as long as I can keep the lights on and that's what I'd like to take the opportunity to talk to you about during this brief moment of relative peace.

Folks we've got the best treatments the field of medicine can provide, straight from the brightest minds of the enlightenment. The elites running the so-called "Société royale de médecine" want to suppress these treatments because it threatens their bottom line and the control the ruling classes have over our bodies. You can take back your health and your bodily liberty by investing in our guide to animal magnetism, authored by the esteemed Doctor Franz Mesmer himself. We'll show you the secrets of the mesmerizers. You'll be able to, get this, manipulate the vital fluid to cure all manner of illness. Anything. Ague. Scrumpox. Grippe. Even dropsy. Folks I've even heard from reliable sources that the mesmerizers can cure the consumption and blindness. I personally have my magnetic fields aligned daily to keep my mind sharp and it can help you too. And again, folks, it helps us keep the lights on. So help yourselves, help your health, and help us keep getting the TRUTH out to you.

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 pm

En Commence

Eet ees good to see so many proud and determined faces. We 'ave built somesing beautiful 'ere and I hope to see it grow and spread to ze rest of ze world. No longer shall we be subjugated by ze fat indolence zat sits the throne! No longer will we be ze ungreased cogs of ze aristocracy's machine! Damn ze church and all its politics, and may it never puppet ze people ever again!

Vive La Révolution!

You should receive a PM with your role and relevant information shortly!
It is now Nuit 0.
You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.
Jour 1 will begin at 4:00PM Eastern on Monday, April 22nd.

There is no posting at night
Submitting Night Actions:

Submit your night actions by sending Robespierre a PM on the site.
To do this, click the speech bubble icon next to "Contact:" under my profile picture and choose the "Send private message" option from the drop down menu:

Do not send night actions to GameMaster, send them to Robespierre
Good advice:
  • Mafia is only as much as effort as you're willing to put in. You don't need to research every facet of the game to win. The list of roles and rules are much better as a reference than a study
  • It's common practice to make a post during every day period stating the success/failure of your action, but you don't necessarily need to say what the exact results were, or the action you took. Choosing not to post will surely work against you.
  • Being overly quiet is very suspicious! But talk too much, and you might make yourself a target.
Submit an action every night, pay attention to the results of others and their posts, and you'll have fun.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the host.
Players:
Alive - 17
  • Arthur
  • Enjolras
  • Flat Stanley
  • Francois Lavoie
  • Freedom Fries
  • Grenouille
  • Jean-Paul Marat
  • Joan of Arc
  • Le Troll
  • Madame Defarge
  • Marquis de Lafayette
  • Marquis de Sade
  • Michel
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Pierre Deux-Entreé
  • Remy, Little Chef
  • William Wythe
Dead - 0

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:02 pm

Jacobin Newsletter
Thermidor 3, Year I

It is a beautiful day to be French. The sky is blue, the air is fresh, the pinard is flowing, and the king is dead.

Monsieur Maximilien Robespierre continues to plead with the Girondine splinter of The Club to desist all efforts of building an army against the Prussians and Austrians. There is too much at stake here in Paris, let alone the rest of the Fatherland to spend time and resources fighting beyond the Rhine.

Vive la Révolution.

It is now Jour 1.
With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to (no) execute.
Nuit 1 will begin at 5pm Eastern on Wednesday, April 24th.
Players:
Alive - 17
  • Arthur
  • Enjolras
  • Flat Stanley
  • Francois Lavoie
  • Freedom Fries
  • Grenouille
  • Jean-Paul Marat
  • Joan of Arc
  • Le Troll
  • Madame Defarge
  • Marquis de Lafayette
  • Marquis de Sade
  • Michel
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Pierre Deux-Entreé
  • Remy, Little Chef
  • William Wythe
Dead - 0

Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:23 pm

Oosp .. I wasn't able to do anything in time last night, but it's not too consequential. I have more days to take pictures

de Sade's Ghost

Post by de Sade's Ghost » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 pm

To the detractors of this revolution I say this: social order at the expense of liberty is hardly a bargain. Personally, I intend to exercise my full liberties, to indulge all of my senses, to surrender to my own nature. We are no guiltier in following the primitive impulses that govern us than is the Nile for her floods or the sea for her waves. Aye, I am a virtuous man, for I embody the virtues of libertinism.

I know you are eager for a detailed account of my nightly escapades, but instead I shall be brief: success.
Louis Sade, man of letters

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm

Hmmm...
I worry at the lack of discourse, or even just attendance. Anyone expecting to delay revealing their actions last night should be met with skepticism.

I stayed to an uneventful night at my Inn; I must remark that the food was atrocious. I left for bed with no actions.

Grenouille

Post by Grenouille » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm

Cao cao
Takes a drag from his cigarette

Arthur

Post by Arthur » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 pm

I didn't take an action last night, not because I couldn't, but it wouldn't have done anything.

Jean-Paul Marat

Post by Jean-Paul Marat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 pm

I had my research team look into some things and can report that we were successful.

Now I'm gonna level with you. We need to behead someone. Frankly, anyone will do. Bad things are coming, folks, real bad... And the elites think they're invincible. They think they're gods, folks. GODS. And we need to show them THAT THEY'RE NOT GODS DAMNIT!

So here's what I'll do: give me a name, point out an enemy of the people, and you'll have my full support. If nobody comes forward with a name, I'll vote for someone who seems suspicious. Maybe they're being too vague with their information. Maybe they took too long to speak up. Maybe they greeted you as monsieur instead of citoyen. We can't rule out the little things that betray a guilty conscience. The bottom line is that we need to execute someone before sundown, or some us might not see the sun rise.