JTL Mafia #016

Where it all happens
Pierre Deux-Entreé

Post by Pierre Deux-Entreé » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 pm

The message you are reading right now was delivered to you not by carrier pigeon, but by a new and improved device that I have fashioned out of chicken bones and twine.

I know some of you will ask if the rumors are true but NO, I did not kill my last pigeon by making it deliver me a whole fried ham! We all know a carrier pigeon could not withstand the weight of barely 5 or maybe 10 chocolate croissants, let alone A FRIED HAM!
I truly do not know what happened with that damned pigeon.

This week I have learned to never put your trust into things that look like appetizers (unrelated events have led me to this conclusion) and none of you look quite delicious I must say.

I vote for No Execution to be held.
Last edited by Pierre Deux-Entreé on Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 pm

Madame Defarge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 pm I don't know, I still find it more suspicious to say "sane cop" when you could have just said cop or rookie cop.

The only evidence there is against the Marquis is the word of a man practically caught lying.
Oh, I have a great deal of concerns with Napoleon. His shaky claim, the haste to execute on poor grounds, the convenience of finding de Sade guilty after the accusation had already been made, etc.

I do, however, believe that Napoleon has provided three different cop action claims that could prove that he's lying. If any of these are incorrect, he should be executed as well.

Albeit possible, I find it highly unlikely that neither are scum. I would be willing to risk trading one of each team for the chance of getting one now. If de Sade comes up innocent, we will have a target for tomorrow.

To the rogue extremist out there, save us and yourself and focus the Royalisté.

Marquis de Lafayette

Post by Marquis de Lafayette » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 pm

Though doubt remains in my mind, I lean towards the arguments made by Mr. Wythe. I vote for the Marquis de Sade.

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

Marquis de Sade 4/8
Napoleon Dynamite
William Wythe
William Wythe
Joan of Arc
Marquis de Lafayette

Napoleon Dynamite 0/8
William Wythe
Madame Defarge

No execution 2/8
Marquis de Sade
Marquis de Sade
Madame Defarge

You have decided to execute Marquis de Sade, the Zealot de l'Aristocracie.

“Peoples do not judge in the same way as courts of law; they do not hand down sentences, they throw thunderbolts; they do not condemn kings, they drop them back into the void; and this justice is worth just as much as that of the courts.”
Maximilien Robespierre

It is now Nuit 3.
You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.
Jour 4 will begin at 5:00PM Eastern on Sunday, May 1st.

There is no posting at night
Submitting Night Actions:

Submit your night actions by sending Robespierre a PM on the site.
To do this, click the speech bubble icon next to "Contact:" under my profile picture and choose the "Send private message" option from the drop down menu:

Do not send night actions to GameMaster, send them to Robespierre
Good advice:
  • Mafia is only as much as effort as you're willing to put in. You don't need to research every facet of the game to win. The list of roles and rules are much better as a reference than a study
  • It's common practice to make a post during every day period stating the success/failure of your action, but you don't necessarily need to say what the exact results were, or the action you took. Choosing not to post will surely work against you.
  • Being overly quiet is very suspicious! But talk too much, and you might make yourself a target.
Submit an action every night, pay attention to the results of others and their posts, and you'll have fun.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the host.
Players:
Alive - 10
  • Francois Lavoie
  • Freedom Fries
  • Joan of Arc
  • Le Troll
  • Madame Defarge
  • Marquis de Lafayette
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Pierre Deux-Entreé
  • Remy, Little Chef
  • William Wythe
Dead - 6
  • Michel, the Chemist Royaliste
  • Flat Stanley, the Consulting Jacobin Mason
  • Grenouille, the Boastful Jacobin Party Host
  • Enjolras, the Jacobin Pollster
  • Jean-Paul Marat, the Jacobin Sheriff
  • Arthur, the Jacobin Reviver
  • Marquis de Sade, the Zealot de l'Aristocracie

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm

Jacobin Newsletter
Thermidor 6, Year I

In response to the rampant loss of life within the Jacobin Club, Maximilien Robespierre presented before the Revolutionary Tribunal a system of centralized record keeping for the births and deaths of France's people. The current system of documentation, maintained and controlled by the church, had not kept up with the deaths of those men and women lost during the September massacre and some losses accrued during this current transitional time in the Jacobin Club.

After some forensic accounting efforts spearheaded by Georges Danton, we have traced several salary payments being paid out to dead men. When the good people of Paris found it time to interrogate the suspected launderers, it seems talks broke down with some:

Joan of Arc, the Watchful Detective Royaliste was stabbed to death.

It is now Jour 4.
With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to (no) execute.
Nuit 4 will begin at 5pm Eastern on Friday, May 3rd
Players:
Alive - 10
  • Francois Lavoie
  • Freedom Fries
  • Le Troll
  • Madame Defarge
  • Marquis de Lafayette
  • Marquis de Sade
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Pierre Deux-Entreé
  • Remy, Little Chef
  • William Wythe
Dead - 7
  • Michel, the Chemist Royaliste
  • Flat Stanley, the Jacobin Mason
  • Grenouille, the Jacobin Party Host
  • Enjolras, the Jacobin Pollster
  • Jean-Paul Marat, the Jacobin Sheriff
  • Arthur, the Jacobin Reviver
  • Marquis de Sade, the Zealot de l'Aristocracie
  • Joan of Arc, the Watchful Detective Royaliste

Remy, Little Chef

Post by Remy, Little Chef » Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 pm

Oh boy two scum teams. I think I will need to put away some place settings for our Jacobin victory feast. Speaking of, great news for town, two separate scum eliminated. Given the size of the game I suspect the Royals may be on their last legs or already eliminated. The Aristocracy on the other hand, given their only death was a zealot I suspect they are close to full capacity still.

As for me, I beg for forgiveness for my absence, but you cannot rush greatness.
N2 action: failed - which is to be expected sometimes not every recipe is a banger
N3 action: success - another scrumptious course for the books.

As for today. I think tracking down the Aristocrats would be crucial. I would like to turn everyone’s eyes to deux - entree for his last minute defense of the Zealot.

But I admit this is all conjecture and I would like some evidence if anyone has any to offer.

Also glad to see Napoleon still alive. Hoping a doctor is doing good work for us.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Thu May 02, 2024 1:37 am

Madame Defarge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 am A successful night for me on behalf of the people

Napoleon Dynamite

Cops don't know if they're sane or not. I verified with our leader Robespierre who confirmed that cops would not be told such a thing.
Where I come from this is referred to as shoot first, ask questions later.
Madame Defarge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am Don't blame me for your poor choice in words

I'll switch to no execution for now but I don't think I trust you yet
Round two of baseless disparaging attacks on my character. Also, a no execution vote at this point instead of a no vote seems quite odd.
Madame Defarge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 pm I don't know, I still find it more suspicious to say "sane cop" when you could have just said cop or rookie cop.

The only evidence there is against the Marquis is the word of a man practically caught lying.
It seems a third time is a charm. Beware of misdirection and those planting seeds of confusion. At this point she is now suggesting that I should have lied instead of telling the truth. My role for the first three nights was that of a sane cop, just as I posted with the actions. She suggests instead I should have said that I was a cop or rookie cop. If I was just a cop, I would not have known with accuracy the results of my actions the first three nights as I would not know if I was sane or insane. If I were a rookie cop I would not have been able to take actions the first three nights. Why would I claim something untrue versus the truth?

Additionally, a no execute vote yesterday was a vote to try to save the departed scum Sade. We had two of those votes and she was one of them. Please share with us exactly what you have been up to Madame DeFarge.
It's all about the freakin bloodline

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 am

Napoleon Dynamite wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:37 am Please share with us exactly what you have been up to Madame DeFarge.
I thought I had caught you in a lie. Vigilance with detail is an important tool on this forum; don't scare people away from talking about it.

As for our friend Pierre, I can attest that he is Jacobin.

Even before these accusations, I was thinking of a radical full claim. I will do it later today. My action last night was a success

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Thu May 02, 2024 6:34 am

No Vote

As history will prove, my bloodline has a short temper AND issues with women. Thank You.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 am

William Wythe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm Bon après-midi,

In the meantime, I would like to offer a formal application to join La Fraternité des Franc-maçons. I have chartered with masonic lodges across the United States, sharing tobacco and wine with the likes of Washington and Paul Revere. If the fraternity would wish first to see me vetted, I understand and will be waiting patiently by.

Forgive me for being forward, but I think you're scum, testing the waters for a runaway bandwagon. While, on paper, his vote resulted in a town execution, Sade's vote was pressure for Grenouille to respond to, which he promptly refused into death. I find your vote far more suspicious.

If anyone else believes so, join me in pressuring Napoleon Dynamite to full claim, or at least provide any information on his successive successes.
William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:37 pm
While I remain a skeptic of your position for a variety of reasons,
William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm
Napoleon, I am still worrisome of your status. If Marquis de Sade turns up 3PK (which would return Innocent), I will be looking for your face in tomorrow's gallows.
William Wythe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 pm
Oh, I have a great deal of concerns with Napoleon. His shaky claim, the haste to execute on poor grounds, the convenience of finding de Sade guilty after the accusation had already been made, etc.
For those that missed it, here is a summary of the events of yesterday regarding myself and Mr. Wythe.

*He publicly requested to be recruited by the Masons. If he is scum, the majority of them die.
*I vetted Sade as guilty and voted for him. In turn, the above mentioned quickly voted for me stating I had no reason to vote Sade. Odd as he clearly had no reason to vote for me except to start the bandwagon and make me reveal.
*Even after my reveal, he is a skeptic of me
*He is now worrisome of my status
*He now has great concerns with me.

I was surprised when he changed his vote to Sade so quickly as I was convinced he was the Godfather. When Sade's alliance was revealed at the end of the day showing a second scum team this made perfect sense, he is the Godfather of the other scum team.

William Wythe

p.s. Thank you to all of you that attended my ceremony last night and thanks to whoever protected me last night if that is why I am still here. Tonight is when the real work can begin so any protection or eyes on me would be greatly appreciated as I am sure the scum don't appreciate me being around.