JTL Mafia #016

Where it all happens
Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Jacobin Newsletter
Thermidor 5, Year I

Maximilien Robespierre makes his support for Louis-Louis-Michel le Peletier known on the floor. Louis-Louis-Michel le Peletier has been known to advocate for teaching revolutionary concepts in the school to children as young as 7 years of age. The Enragés continue to stir up the public body against the strides of the Révolution, claiming that the simple costs of freedom that we pay (rising inflation, food shortages, etc) are not worth establishing the perfect form of government. In the midst of the unrest, a number of souls were lost:

Enjolras, the Jacobin Pollster died of poison.

Arthur, the Jacobin Reviver was stabbed to death.

Jean-Paul Marat, the Jacobin Sheriff was shot to death.

It is now Jour 3.
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to (no) execute.
Nuit 3 will begin at 5pm Eastern on Tuesday, April 30th
Players:
Alive - 11
  • Francois Lavoie
  • Freedom Fries
  • Joan of Arc
  • Le Troll
  • Madame Defarge
  • Marquis de Lafayette
  • Marquis de Sade
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Pierre Deux-Entreé
  • Remy, Little Chef
  • William Wythe
Dead - 6
  • Michel, the Chemist Royaliste
  • Flat Stanley, the Jacobin Mason
  • Grenouille, the Jacobin Party Host
  • Enjolras, the Jacobin Pollster
  • Jean-Paul Marat, the Jacobin Sheriff
  • Arthur, the Jacobin Reviver

de Sade's Ghost

Post by de Sade's Ghost » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:14 pm

It would seem my accusations were unfounded, but indubitably the frog was not very cooperative, can you blame me for distrusting its unforthcoming croaks? Alas, I do apologize for executing the creature, call me jealous for never having been invited to one of its parties, call me mad for having my accusations be labeled limp. In my defense, I did not expect my single, solitary, lonesome vote to have such final and irrevocable consequences.

It is quite troubling to see 3 deaths… my night was successful once again, tho I have nothing worth sharing at this point in time.
Louis Sade, man of letters

Freedom Fries

Post by Freedom Fries » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 am

Annoying frogs that don't defend themselves from getting squashed? No cries for help after being poisoned? Something smells off, like the Porte de Clignancourt line during rush hour. I don't know who to trust here, so I continue to take no action.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 pm

My fellow Jacobins, it is time for us to band together and fight. Maybe we should just pretend we are not French for a bit and instead fight like the Turks or the Greeks. We are quickly losing this effort and we have lost 4 in the last day/night.

One thing for certain is that our dead frog was not the best communicator. Another thing for certain is there was exactly zero evidence that he was scum.

Marquis de Sade. This man single handedly executed one of our own for absolutely no reason. He tries to justify this action with some eloquent writing but in the end, this was an easy way to execute an innocent. I smell a rat/Royaliste.

I was successful last night.
It's all about the freakin bloodline

Marquis de Lafayette

Post by Marquis de Lafayette » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm

Quelle catastrophe ! So many of our fellow revolutionaries murdered in one night. (Though personally, I admit I won't much miss M. Marat, who made my job leading the National Guard so much harder...)

My action was successful last night.

Few of us voted to execute in previous nights, but alas, our caution has now left us with little voting history to use as evidence. Better to kill somebody. I haven't decided yet who to nominate though.

William Wythe

Post by William Wythe » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

Bon après-midi,

It is disappointing to admit, but I have continued my state of inaction throughout this ordeal.
Furthermore, I cannot discern how my nightly abilities will be of any benefit; in all honesty, I will likely never use my actions once. I will share an explanation for this at a later date, which I believe will be easily received.

In the meantime, I would like to offer a formal application to join La Fraternité des Franc-maçons. I have chartered with masonic lodges across the United States, sharing tobacco and wine with the likes of Washington and Paul Revere. If the fraternity would wish first to see me vetted, I understand and will be waiting patiently by.

Napoleon Dynamite wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 pm Marquis de Sade. This man single handedly executed one of our own for absolutely no reason. He tries to justify this action with some eloquent writing but in the end, this was an easy way to execute an innocent. I smell a rat/Royaliste.
Forgive me for being forward, but I think you're scum, testing the waters for a runaway bandwagon. While, on paper, his vote resulted in a town execution, Sade's vote was pressure for Grenouille to respond to, which he promptly refused into death. I find your vote far more suspicious.

If anyone else believes so, join me in pressuring Napoleon Dynamite to full claim, or at least provide any information on his successive successes.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 am

Gosh, I thought I joined some type of French Revolution but instead am in the middle of a Silent Revolution, which clearly is not working.
Grenouille wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 amCao cao
We now have two who find this justification for an execution. Amazing!
William Wythe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm
In the meantime, I would like to offer a formal application to join La Fraternité des Franc-maçons. I have chartered with masonic lodges across the United States, sharing tobacco and wine with the likes of Washington and Paul Revere. If the fraternity would wish first to see me vetted, I understand and will be waiting patiently by.
The Masons have no nightly abilities so how are they supposed to vet you? Now, if they attempt to recruit a scum, they basically get wiped out.
William Wythe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm
If anyone else believes so, join me in pressuring Napoleon Dynamite to full claim, or at least provide any information on his successive successes.
I am curious why you did not ask the frog killer to full claim or provide any information on his successive successes. I suspect it is because you already know the results.

As there is no point in taking information to the grave:

Jacobin Sane Cop

N0 - Cop Freedom Fries: Innocent
N1 - Cop Marquis de Lafayette: Innocent
N2 - Cop Marquis de Sade: Guilty

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 am

A successful night for me on behalf of the people

Napoleon Dynamite

Cops don't know if they're sane or not. I verified with our leader Robespierre who confirmed that cops would not be told such a thing.

Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Napoleon Dynamite » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 am

Madame Defarge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 am A successful night for me on behalf of the people

Napoleon Dynamite

Cops don't know if they're sane or not. I verified with our leader Robespierre who confirmed that cops would not be told such a thing.
We might as well just tell the scum everything. Please ask our leader how an Exceptional Rookie Cop works.

Madame Defarge

Post by Madame Defarge » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am

Don't blame me for your poor choice in words

I'll switch to no execution for now but I don't think I trust you yet